03 October 2010

Packed Again

The Penske frequent renter...

I have loaded the Penske truck, cleaned the house and now we’ll hit the road. Since we moved to Italy once before and never really planted roots since our return to the US in May 2009 this move back is less complicated. I didn’t say easy, just less complicated. We know the process, what to expect and more of what we don’t need to take with us. Always enlightening the things you think you can’t do without…but pack and never use.

Our friend Al will drive up with me to Ohio where we will be depositing some furniture, clothes, books and of course my Gaggia. This will give me the chance to see some of my family before I depart for Roma on Saturday from Columbus. Since our furniture has taken up residence at my sister-in-laws house for the past few years she will be happy to have the use of Valerie’s Ekornes chair again. One of the most comfortable arm chairs you can buy.

By this time next week I will be fighting jetlag and once again loading a vehicle to move. We still have stuff stored at our friend’s place in Roma and one more move will transport all of that to our house in Basilicata.

Vado giu!

9 comments:

Gil said...

Good luck in your move back! I hope that you are like me and don't suffer as much jet lag heading East as heading West!

Gil said...

Forgot to add have a bit of calamari for me!

Anonymous said...

Bryan,
Have a safe trip. Sorry I won't get to see you before you leave but we'll see you in January.
Brother Martin

Bryan said...

Gil - I have the opposite with jet lag, flying to Italy is always worse than flying back to the US.

Martin- Look forward to seeing everyone in 2011.

Celia said...

The joy of Italian life, the beauty of place, the food and the wine outweighs the disadvantages of living in this sometimes challenging land. Bentornata

garret said...

i'm very excited to hear about your further adventures in italia. thanks for blogging, it keeps my own italian dreams alive.

Bryan said...

Celia & garret - I have arrived and am settling in at our house.

We have begun to deal with some of the challenges but I am enjoying the caffe', food and people.

Nelly said...

Living in Italy is really my dream... Funny but I also tried to look for an Italian boyfriend when I traveled their ones but too bad you cannot dictate the heart. I just love Italy so much I am attracted with all the stunning beauty and wonderful people and the food of course I always love Italian foods.

Bryan said...

Nelly - The people, the food, the scenery, etc. There are many reasons to love Italy...including if you find a boyfriend!