03 January 2006

What about football?

No I don't mean soccer.

After watching my beloved Buckeyes thoroughly beat Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl it reminded me that this may be the last Ohio State University football game I will be able to see live for at least one season. This may create some shock for my football viewing habits. When we moved to New Mexico from Ohio I had to adjust to seeing fewer Buckeye games on TV but when the Buckeyes are highly rated (a norm under coach Tressel) they are more apt to be on national TV.


Now those games that have not been on TV I have been able to listen to via the internet on "1460 The Fan" out of Columbus, OH...and there have been some on the local ESPN Radio affiliate in Albuquerque.

But I do not expect to see any TV broadcasts of Buckeye football in Italy. The six hour advance time from Ohio to Italy won't be a hindrance, just that there will be no Buckeye games on the television. I will have to hope we can have a high speed internet connection by the time September rolls around so I can at least listen via the internet.

Ohio State football will be something I will miss in Italy...Go Buckeyes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO BUCKS! Sweet victory. Are you taking Woody to Italy with you?

Anonymous said...

He may need to go into hibernation