18 August 2022

Traveling Barber


 

I previously wrote about my experience with Italian barbers soon after we moved to Italy. I still enjoy the experience here of getting a haircut and a shave but the pandemic had created issues with access and it has been a few years since I have been able to get a shave.

I did however recently find something unique - a barber who makes house calls. Giuseppe is from the nearby town of Laurenzana and comes to Trivigno about every six weeks to give haircuts to the men at the local casa di riposo. While here he also does haircuts for several others and I am on his list.

I sit on our terrace and in less than 20 minutes I get a decent cut - all for 5 euro! I give him a tip and he is on his way until his next visit to town. Price, quality and convenience!

No comments: