05 November 2011

House Hunters International – Trivigno


Last night HGTV aired the episode they filmed of us last spring about our house buying experience in Trivigno, Italy. This episode highlighted Trivigno, Basilicata (the region this small town is in) as well as Ascoli Piceno in the Marche region.

For those who may be finding this blog after watching the HGTV episode, we moved from Corrales, NM to Italy in 2006. We settled into Ascoli Piceno and after locating family connections for Valerie in Basilicata purchased a home in the small, but charming, hill town of Trivigno.

If you are look for more information about Trivigno and Basilicata, including available properties, be sure to visit My Bella Basilicata.

If you want to know more about our adventure in Italy and Trivigno then read more on this blog under the labels section.

7 comments:

Niki said...

I enjoyed your episode and seeing the charming town you live in. :-)

Gil said...

Great job!!! They finally had the show on over here. My wife and I saw it last Friday.

Auguri!!!!!!!!!!

Bryan said...

We have heard only positive comments about how the show came out...we appreciate that.

Steve said...

I didn't see the guest room! What's up with that?

Bryan said...

Steve - It was that last shot with us in the cantina...Lucano will share with guests.

Unknown said...

My family is from Trivigno. they lived there for over 300 yrs, but sadly had to Emigrate to survive. they left there in the late 1800's. I know very little about this area and was thrilled to watch your home buying experience. It brought home the very real life they had to leave behind. I'm sure that you may have heard some of the family names maybe still there, Volini, di Stefano, Filitti, Miraglia and my grandfathers name was Prete. I plan to visit there soon, for the first time. I hope your experience has been wonderful.

Unknown said...

Cal, The people of Trivigno have been very good to us. I am familiar with the Prete name but not the others. We'll need to ask around.
If you ever make it to town be sure to ask for the americani, everyone knows who we are.