21 May 2010

Diane in DC



Okay I admit I have been neglecting my blog. It has just been rather busy for the past few weeks as my sister Diane visited us from Ohio for a couple days and then just after that Valerie’s mom Judy was in town for almost a week. Judy flew home and two days later Valerie left for Italy to oversee some work on our house in Lucanella. On top of that my work schedule has gotten busy with the approach of the summer months.

Diane had not been to the DC area since we were young kids and there were a lot of things to pack in during her short stay. Valerie played tour guide for some of the time while I was working but they always get along great. Diane loves to see and experience new things and Valerie enjoys showing people some of the hidden treasures no matter where we may be living.


One of these was the chance to get their photo taken with the President. You don’t believe me? But we have the photographic proof!

We showed Diane the major sites that no visitor to DC should miss plus several that you won’t find in most tour guides and we even saw a new place for all of us; the tower on the Old Post Office. That makes for some great views over the city without the lines you will find at the Washington Monument.

No comments: