11 May 2008

Safeco reunion

I worked for Safeco Insurance for sixteen years and resigned my position over two years ago, before we began our adventure in Italy. I worked with and met many great people in that company and this weekend two former co-workers from Denver arrived in Ascoli Piceno. Jim and Sharon Burris are celebrating Sharon’s recent retirement with six weeks leisurely touring around Italy.

Sharon had emailed me several months ago that they planned to make a stop here in Ascoli Piceno for a few days after reading about our experiences on this blog. We have had the opportunity to get together with them this week-end and as with all who experience this medieval city for the first time, they are enraptured with the unique atmosphere, architecture, people and food that our adopted hometown has to offer.


I guess this was a mini-reunion, of former Safeco employees. For those of you who are from Safeco and know Sharon…I can say that she seems to be fully enjoying her retirement.

No comments: