03 February 2009

Matera photo contest

Concorso Fotografico Obiettivo Matera

We have been to Matera in Basilicata three times and each time we find something new and are always amazed by the colors, flavors and people of this ancient city. On our last trip Valerie found a brochure for a photo contest and with a little encouragement I sent off some of my photos for some judgment. Though I have never won anything of significance in my life, other than Valerie of course, the thought of the 10,000€ top prize was intriguing.

It was difficult narrowing down to just three after picking through all of the photos I had taken on our trips to Matera. How do you justify Matera in just three photos and how do you pick a photo that shows something more than what the standard postcards have? You can view my entries as well as all 357 on the flickr page setup by the organizers. My photos were on the first page at the top starting with the title “110”. If you have a flickr account be sure to leave a comment.

To learn more about the contest you can visit the organizers’ website at Obiettivo Matera.

No comments: