I always enjoy college football season and that is one of the things I miss about life in
This list is partially mine and partially from an article by Mr. Krumm, another avid Buckeye fan.
- You cannot have a second favorite college football team.
- You can despise another team less than others, excluding
and ND. Michigan
- When Notre Dame and
play it is mandatory to despise both, there is no winner. Michigan
- It is accepted to be emotional during “Script
”, while remembering Woody, after beating Ohio and after winning a National Championship. Michigan
- Always return any “O…H” with an “I...O”.
- Everyone should rush the field after an OSU victory over
at least once in their life. Michigan
- When you die you should have a buckeye placed in your coffin.
- Attend the Spring Game; it will make it easier to survive the summer.
- When praying, it is not sacrilegious to count being a Buckeye as a blessing.
- Try to never heckle a current or former Buckeye player.
- Correct anyone who does not refer to OSU as “THE”
. Ohio State University
- Admit you wish you played tuba and could dot the “i”.
- There are no bad seats in Ohio Stadium.
- If your wife asks you what the greatest night of your life was, admit the truth –
January 3, 2003.
- Plant a Buckeye tree in your yard.
- Hang a Buckeye flag on game day. If a neighbor hangs a
flag it is your sworn duty to tear it down. Michigan
- It is okay not to get the drum major thing; it is not okay to fail to cheer when the plume touches the field.
- In honor of Woody, the principle of “paying forward” should be practiced at all times by all Buckeyes.
- Never get married on a Saturday that a Buckeye game is scheduled, there are typically 38 other weekends to choose from.
- Never attend a wedding scheduled during a Buckeye game, unless you carry a TV.
We were married in October while we lived in
I will admit that I do have a second favorite team, the New Mexico Lobos, however there is little chance they will ever face each other on the gridiron.
So Go Buckeyes and let’s update the date for #14 to January, 2009.